- Sat, Sept 24 Ember Saturday 8:00 AM
- Vigil Mass for the 26th Sunday in Ordinary Time (English) 4:15 PM
- Sun, Sept 25 19th Sunday after Pentecost 10:00 AM (Sung Mass with the Ecclesiastical Choral Society)
- Mon, Sept 26 North American Martyrs 7:30 AM
- Tues, Sept. 27 Ss Cosmas & Damian 7:30 AM
- Wed, Sept 28 St Wenceslaus 7:30 AM
- Thurs, Sept 29 Dedication of Basilica of St Michael the Archangel 7:30 AM
- Fri, Sept 30 St Jerome 7:30 AM
- Sat, Oct 1 Saturday of Our Lady 8:00 AM
- Vigil Mass for the 27th Sunday in Ordinary Time (English) 4:15 PM
- Sun, Oct 2 External Solemnity of Our Lady of the Rosary 10:00 AM (Low Mass)
Confessions heard one half hour before Masses (Except Monday)
Holy Hour and Benediction, Thursday 6:00 -7:00 PM
The Novena for our Nation is underway!
The nation-wide prayer campaign – Novena for Our Nation – began Monday, August 15, the Feast of the Assumption of Mary, and goes until October 7, the Feast of Our Lady of the Rosary. Please join us in praying the Rosary for 54 days for the future and protection of our Nation.
The new altar is here! Thanks to the good folks at “Fynders Keepers” who built it and the intrepid team of volunteers who helped to get it safely installed.
In a tradition dating back to the Council of Nicaea, the Church uses the Feast of the Epiphany to announce the dates of the movable feasts for the new year in a proclamation known as the “Noveritis”.
Be it known to you, dearly beloved Brethren, that by the mercy of God, as we have been rejoicing in the Nativity of our Lord Jesus Christ, so also do we announce unto you the joy of the Resurrection of the same our Savior.
Septuagesima Sunday will be on the 24th day of January.
The 10th day of February will be Ash Wednesday and the beginning of the fast of most holy Lent.
On the 27th day of March we shall celebrate with joy the holy Resurrection of our Lord Jesus Christ.
The Ascension of our Lord Jesus Christ will be on the 5th day of May.
The Feast of Pentecost on the 15th day of the same month.
The Feast of Corpus Christi on the 26th day of the same month.
On the 27th of November will occur the first Sunday of the Advent of our Lord Jesus Christ, to whom are honor and glory for ever and ever. Amen.
The cornerstone of St Joseph Church, Rockdale was laid on Thanksgiving Day, 1914, and the first Mass in the new church was celebrated in November of 1915. As we continue to celebrate our parish’s 100th anniversary, here are some photos from the “early days”;
The original interior of the church.The windows in the sanctuary were removed later when the sacristy was expanded.;
The first pastor, Fr. John Baltutis, with the Lithuanian Choir, 1917;
An early parish First Communion celebration (complete with brass band!). This photo is undated, but it must have been taken before 1930, since the rectory was not built yet;